Translate

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Make Your Own Disposable Cleaning Wipes

Save Money by Making Your Own Disposable Cleaning Wipes
By: Monique Kilgore

I love disposable disinfectant wipes! No, that is an understatement. I'm obsessed with disposable cleaning wipes! Not only are they quick, easy and convenient to use, but they really come in handy when you want to sanitize around the house without getting out the spray bottle and rag.

I use to stock up on Lysol and Clorox wipes every time they were on sale, which still ended up costing me a lot. They usually run about $4 for a case of 50-70 wipes.

Imagine my joy when I discovered a way to make my own, better quality disinfectant wipes for a fraction of the cost. Not only that, but I could create any kind of cleaning wipe that I desired. I made up batches of wipes using Pledge cleaner to create dusting wipes and used Windex cleaner to make my own window wipes. I even created all-natural, green wipes to use in my baby's nursery.

Here is the exact recipe that I use to make homemade disposable wipes.

Homemade Cleaning Wipes Recipe

INGREDIENTS

1 roll of extra strong paper towels (Bounty)
2-3 cups of your favorite cleaner (be sure to use a cleaner that doesn't require rinsing afterwards)
An air-tight storage container
Knife
Cutting board

DIRECTIONS

1. Using the knife, cut the paper towel roll in half
2.) Place the roll inside of the container. (save the other half for a refill later)
3.) Pour cleaning solution all over paper towels
4.) Close the container and shake it up a bit so that the cleaning solution is absorbed
5.) Remove the cardboard tubing from the inside of the roll. (It should come out easily if the towels are wet enough)

The cleaning wipes are now ready to use!

To watch a step-by-step video of me making these homemade cleaning wipes from start to finish visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnYIEUrBXAQ

Monique Kilgore is the owner and operator of the website Yes Divas Can Cook. http://yesdivascancook.com A fun, girly website designed to get young women motivated to cook & create from scratch! Featuring easy, 5-star, tried and true recipes, cooking tips, videos and much more!

Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Save-Money-by-Making-Your-Own-Disposable-Cleaning-Wipes&id=3680047] Save Money by Making Your Own Disposable Cleaning Wipes