Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How to Freshen Your Home Cheaply

I love when my home smells fresh and clean even when it is not. It is pretty easy to pick up air fresheners to make your home smell fresh, but remember you are a penny saver and every penny counts. Instead of using that money to buy air freshener, us it to buy needed items. Why not use what you probably already have at home to freshen your home.

               Lemon Peels Cut Lemon Clip Art               

After I make ice tea with lemons, I save the used lemons and peels and place them in a pot on the stove. I fill the pot with water and turn the stove on low. As the pot simmers, the smell of lemon will fill your house. Do not leave the pot unattended!

                 Vanilla

I use a little bit of vanilla extract and place it in water on the stove. I fill the pot with water and simmer it on low. Soon, your home will smell like vanilla. Do not leave the pot unattended!

               Essential Oils

I usually use lavender oil in my home but you can use what ever essential oil you like. I saturate a cotton ball with lavender oil and place the cotton balls around my home. I may have one in the  closet or on top of the refrigerator, on top of my bathroom cabinet, any place I want to smell fresh. If you have children and pets make sure you place the cotton balls where little hands and paws cannot reach.

Tell me, how do you freshen your home cheaply?